What is the EYFS?
The Early Years Foundation Stage is the national curriculum for 5s and under.
There are 7 areas of learning taught through areas of provision and directed activities.
All areas of learning are reflected inside and outdoors.
All areas of learning promote playing, exploring, active learning and independent thinking.
What are the 7 areas?
3 prime areas:
- Personal, Social and Emotional Development
- Communication and Language
- Physical Development
4 specific areas:
- Understanding the World
- Expressive Arts and Design
Personal, Social and Emotional Development
- Making friends
- Learning rules
- Learning daily routines
- Learning about others, different cultures and respect
- Understanding boundaries
- Making relationships with adults.
- Gross and fine motor skills
- Malleable area
- Mark making area
- Pencil control
- Shoes and coats
- PE – getting changed too
- Outdoor area
Communication and Language
- Following instructions
- Role play
- Recognising and writing name
- Singing nursery rhymes writing
- Counting up to 2
- Recognising numbers and what they mean
- Problem solving
Expressive Arts and Design
- Role play
Understanding the World
- Learning about other cultures and places
- Finding out about things that happened in the past
- Explore living things; plants and animals
- Using technology such as computers, telephone and lots more!